Friday, November 14, 2008

"SHUT UP!!!!! are you kidding me???? !!!!!!" - these were the first words out of my mouth this morning! i realized i had forgotten to start the jeans up again in the dryer. they were still damp. i hit snooze one too many times so i'm peeling pajamas heading to the bathroom, hopping on one foot trying to get my pj bottoms off. i make it to the shower jump in - those cactus legs will have to wait one more day! and those feet? are SERIOUSLY past due for a pedicure. "in my best scarlett o'hara voice - "i'll have to think about that tomorrow". a quick rinse, lather and repeat and i'm out.

next in the shower is my daughter - just getting her UPRIGHT in the mornings is a big enough chore - much less getting her awake enough to get her IN the shower and get started. once she's sober and scrubbing then i head to wake up the man of the house - my son (he's 8). he's like his dad - you say his name and he's up and at it. bright eyed and bushy tailed. my daughter took back after me - i.e. see paragraph one (snooze abuser). he opens his eyes and stretches and rolls out of bed, turns and lays back down - its like a record scratch and i stop dead in my tracks - turn back around and he's pasty white, dark circles under his eyes and coughs so hard it sounds like a coon dog! well - there goes my working IN the office today. so i tell him just get your clothes on - i'll fix you breakfast when we get back from taking your sister to school.

run BACK through to the other end of the house where the pre-teen is having a mental breakdown about her pants not fitting right. so i throw her another pair run back through to grab the keys and start the car so it can warm up - run BACK into my bedroom to grab my shoes - step in a puddle!!!! in my carpet!!!!! our cat, whiskers, is black - so we didn't see she was in last night when we went to bed. so sometime in the night she decided she couldn't hold it any more - no lanolium in the house was apparently satisfactory enough for her to empty her bladder on so she piddles right in my bedroom doorway. (mind you she's on probation from her last incident - that's why there's no litter box. i evicted her back in march)

"WHISKERRRRRRRRRRRRSSSSS!!!!!" i yell at the top of my lungs. so i storm to the other bathroom, pull off my sock stick my foot under the faucet and scrubb it with scalding hot water. then blow back through the living room, snatch her up from her nap on my NEW KAKHI CHAIR!!!! (remember she's solid black) again with the scarlett ohara "i'll have to think about that tomorrow" i snatch her up and toss her outside mubling under my breath go grab the carpet cleaner and clean that up - so much for ME drying MY hair before i take my daughter to school.

somehow i managed to get that cleaned up - not have a complete mental breakdown mySELF and deliver miss priss to school ON TIME - i SO knew we would be late.

like i said - the title of my blog is so appropriate. drama - party of 1.

1 comment:

Elisha said...

No wonder you named your website address dramapartyof1!!! I love the part about you stepping in cat pee!!! HEHE! Rough morning girl!!!